Best Way to Remove Search.findwide.com Browser Redirect
Is Search.findwide.com a Virus?
Search.findwide.com can also be known as Internet Search. It is a browser hijacker that can also take place as a potentially unwanted program on web browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer because it can act like a browser add-on. Search.findwide.com is not a computer friendly component because it often leads changes to the web browsers without the users’ permission. In general cases, Search.findwide.com often results from the installation of freeware, download of shareware and receiving email attachments. Bundling is the most popular way that Search.findwide.com redirect often uses to spread. On the arrival of Search.findwide.com browser hijacker, some obvious changes will be made immediately. For example, when you open your browser, the first page coming into your eyes is not the one you always use but Search.findwide.com. There are some shortcut icons on the interface of Search.findwide.com so many innocent people may believe that this website is not as malicious as some experts say. But in fact, those shortcuts are also tactics conducted by this browser hijacker to make illiterate believe its legitimacy. If you use Search.findwide.com and some reputable search engines for the same search query, you may find the difference. Search.findwide.com will display many advertising components in the search results while common ones will not.
Solution 1: Remove Search.findwide.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Search.findwide.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Search.findwide.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Search.findwide.com Virus
Search.findwide.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Search.findwide.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Search.findwide.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Search.findwide.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Search.findwide.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Search.findwide.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 184.108.40.206 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 220.127.116.11 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Search.findwide.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.