Best Way to Remove Super-Page.com Home Page from Google Chrome
Is Super-Page.com a Virus?
Super-Page.com is an obvious browser hijacker since it looks so much like some popular redirect viruses of Websearch family. The browser hijackers that begin with Websearch are often believed to be programmed by the same company. The are created to attack random computer systems to occupy the web browser and conduct relevant illegal actions according to the commands from their remote creators. Super-Page.com will make your browser settings different from that they used to be. It replaces the home page with its own domain, changes the default search engine without manual interference and secretly. Besides, Super-Page.com will bookmark many unsafe websites addresses that you cannot avoid perfectly clicking on each of them. Clicking on those pop-up ads or malicious bookmarks powered by Super-Page.com redirect virus will often drive computer users to worse situation where their computer may be attacked by more and more serious computer viruses. Super-Page.com will uses different methods to cheat you to visit its sponsored websites and download the promoted programs. It displays ads in search result pages. If you check the results pages given by Super-Page.com virus, you can see ads by Super-Page.com advertisement at both the top and right place of the site.
Solution 1: Remove Super-Page.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Super-Page.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Super-Page.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Super-Page.com Virus
Super-Page.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Super-Page.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Super-Page.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Super-Page.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Super-Page.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Super-Page.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 184.108.40.206 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 220.127.116.11 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Super-Page.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.