Get Rid of Ads by 4Shared from PC Manually
Your PC is affected by 4Shared pop-up badly? You get many pop-up ads whenever you surf the Internet? Your homepage is changed without your approval? If you say “yes”, it means that your PC is infected with 4Shared virus. Please read this post, you will get more details about 4Shared and get help to remove it.
Is 4Shared a Virus?
4Shared is considered as an adware because it is responsible for 4Shared ads, powered by 4Shared, and ads by 4Shared. Once you are unlucky to be attacked by this adware, you will see those ads on your browser from time to time. Due to these popups, your Internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, as well as Internet Explorer will run extremely slow and fail to meet your requirement during searching.
We are sure that 4Shared is able to pose harmful things to your system after it is installed. For example, it downloads additional extensions or toolbars to your browsers, which can generate more irritating advertisements. Some ads by 4Shared may mislead you to unsafe websites if you click on any one of them.
The main purpose of redirecting you to certain websites is to enhance the page rank and generate web traffic. However, many users don’t realize this and still keep 4Shared inside their computers. The most dangerous thing is that 4Shared may track your browsing activities and collect some important information, by which it can display some ads according to your browsing habit. In a word, to stop 4Shared’s malicious activities, you need to remove it now.
Screenshot of 4Shared:
Solution 1: Remove 4Shared Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like 4Shared can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of 4Shared as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove 4Shared & Pop-up Ads
Usually, adware programs could be a browser add-on so as to cheat users and enter web browsers. To completely get rid of this adware and stop ads, what we should do is to check out browser extensions and remove the programs that we don’t know.
1. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner, click More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Click the trash can icon related to 4Shared you’d like to completely remove.
3. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
4. Enable pop-up blocker in Chrome. Open Chrome menu again and select Settings.
5. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
6. Click Content settings button under the Privacy section.
7. Scroll down to the Pop-ups section. Make sure that the Do not allow any site to show pop-ups option is selected and then click Done.
1. Click on the Firefox button on the menu bar, click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions panel.
3. Select the add-ons related to 4Shared and click Remove button.
4. Click the Firefox button again and select Options.
5. In the Content tab and check Block pop-up windows box.
1. Click Tools on the IE toolbar and click Manage Add-ons.
2. In Toolbars and Extensions tab, select the extensions associated with 4Shared and then click Disable button.
3. Click Tools and select Internet options.
4. Move to Privacy tab, check Turn on Pop-up Blocker box.
To make sure this 4Shared virus won’t come back again, it is suggested that you delete its related files and registry keys from Windows system.
1. Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives. Check the check-box of Show all hidden files, folders and drives. And then click OK.
5. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
6. Type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
7. Navigate to the files related to 4Shared and remove them.
Video of How to Remove Ads by 4Shared Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process of 4Shared. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to remove 4Shared.
Comments are closed.