Get Rid of Ads by Cantataweb from PC
Many pop-ups from Cantataweb always appear on my web pages? It’s so annoying! I have tried any means I can think to stop them, but all are ended with failure. I know Cantataweb is the cause of these annoying pop-ups. Can you give me some suggestions to stop these pop-ups and remove Cantataweb?
Due to the roguish behaviors it executes on the computer, Cantataweb is determined to be an annoying adware. This advertising-supported software is very complex. It first takes over and controls your Internet browser, and then shows endless commercials to interrupt your online activities which are promoting all kinds of unnecessary goods, programs or web sites.
Similar to browser hijackers, Cantataweb adware is often bundled with free software in some unknown software downloading sites. It can be added to all those popular web browsers, such as Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE. Although it seems to be a useful program that can help you look for useful online resources, it is indeed an unwanted program that can do nothing but to display video ads, text ads or banner ads on your machine. Most users complain that those ads from Cantataweb pop up out of nowhere when they surf the web.
In addition, it redirects computer users to its sponsored pages against their will. The Internet becomes slow and your web browser may often crash with the installation of additional plug-ins associated with the adware. Strictly speaking, Cantataweb is not a virus. However, this adware can invade your privacy, as it is responsible for collecting your search query as well as browsing history. Therefore, to make the computer work properly again, you need to remove Cantataweb.
Cantataweb Ads Screenshot:
Solution 1: Remove Cantataweb Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Cantataweb can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Cantataweb as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Cantataweb & Pop-up Ads
Usually, adware programs could be a browser add-on so as to cheat users and enter web browsers. To completely get rid of this adware and stop ads, what we should do is to check out browser extensions and remove the programs that we don’t know.
1. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner, click More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Click the trash can icon related to Cantataweb you’d like to completely remove.
3. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
4. Enable pop-up blocker in Chrome. Open Chrome menu again and select Settings.
5. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
6. Click Content settings button under the Privacy section.
7. Scroll down to the Pop-ups section. Make sure that the Do not allow any site to show pop-ups option is selected and then click Done.
1. Click on the Firefox button on the menu bar, click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions panel.
3. Select the add-ons related to Cantataweb and click Remove button.
4. Click the Firefox button again and select Options.
5. In the Content tab and check Block pop-up windows box.
1. Click Tools on the IE toolbar and click Manage Add-ons.
2. In Toolbars and Extensions tab, select the extensions associated with Cantataweb and then click Disable button.
3. Click Tools and select Internet options.
4. Move to Privacy tab, check Turn on Pop-up Blocker box.
To make sure this Cantataweb virus won’t come back again, it is suggested that you delete its related files and registry keys from Windows system.
1. Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives. Check the check-box of Show all hidden files, folders and drives. And then click OK.
5. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
6. Type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
7. Navigate to the files related to Cantataweb and remove them.
Video of How to Remove Ads by Cantataweb Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process of Cantataweb. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to remove Cantataweb.
Comments are closed.