Get rid of Oursurfing.com Virus and Stop Redirects
Oursurfing.com suddenly becomes my home page. I do not get useful search results because of sponsored links. Pages are redirected as well. I need help to remove Oursurfing.com redirects completely.
Is Oursurfing.com a Virus?
As a malicious browser hijacker, Oursurfing.com attacks many Internet browsers including IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. The annoying program has the ability to change browser settings without asking for any permission. It can replace the default start page and search engine automatically. But the unknown search provider adds lots of sponsored links in the search results so as to promote its products and gather illegal benefits. In addition, Oursurfing.com hijacker would redirect desired websites to unknown web pages randomly. This is much annoying. Moreover, it shuts down the network connection from time to time to stop you from accessing certain websites like security pages. Under such circumstance, you’ll have to deal with constant error pages. Despite of messing up your web browsers, Oursurfing.com redirect malware could drop nasty shortcuts on the desktop to mislead you to unknown processes and troubles. On the other hand, it inserts suspicious websites to boot-up folder and Registry Editor after its infiltration. Taking up high system resources, the redirect malware degrades the whole PC performance. Some processes could freeze up suddenly. Actually, Oursurfing.com hijacker is bundled with unauthorized free shares and spam email attachments to enter the target computer. Without doubt, it’s wise to remove Oursurfing.com redirect malware quickly to prevent unwanted troubles.
Solution 1: Remove Oursurfing.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Oursurfing.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Oursurfing.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Oursurfing.com Virus
Oursurfing.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Oursurfing.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Oursurfing.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Oursurfing.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Oursurfing.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Oursurfing.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 220.127.116.11 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 18.104.22.168 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Oursurfing.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.