Get Rid of/ Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com
Is Search.searchlocateyp.com a Virus?
Search.searchlocateyp.com is a redirect virus or browser hijacker which pretends to be a useful and legal search engine. Normally, this virus makes use of your browser vulnerabilities to infect your computer stealthily and quietly. This hijacker is able to spread fast and wildly through the Internet. Once this malicious virus successfully contaminates your system, it will hijack your web browser immediately. In other words, this hijacker makes some modifications to your web browser settings, replaces your default home page, and even disables your net connection. In addition, this hijacker pretends to run a scan to your system and display numerous fraudulent viruses.
However, all those alerts are not real. They are used to threaten innocent computer users. By doing so, this hijacker would gather your money for hackers. On the other hand, you should pay much attention and not click any link provided by this malicious site. For the link may contain lots of evil viruses or nothing related to your requirement. Now it is clear that this hijacker is a much risky and foxy virus. You should immediately delete it once you find the existence of this hijacker in your desktop. Or it will definitely cause much more damage to your vulnerable computer. By the way, you’d better do this in a manual way. You can take the following specific steps to accomplish the removal.
Solution 1: Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Search.searchlocateyp.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Search.searchlocateyp.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com Virus
Search.searchlocateyp.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Search.searchlocateyp.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Search.searchlocateyp.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Search.searchlocateyp.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Search.searchlocateyp.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 22.214.171.124 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 126.96.36.199 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.