Get Rid of Searchoko.com from Firefox/ Chrome/ IE
Is Searchoko.com a Virus?
Searchoko.com is regarded as a vicious browser hijacker which is as malicious as Mylucky123.com virus. This unexpected malware gets into your operating system when you install a program without enough attention. That is, Searchoko.com is bundled with certain free programs. But this vicious toolbar will hijack your web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer after it accomplishes its intrusion into your machine. Usually, Searchoko.com first makes some changes to your browser settings. By doing so, it is able to replace your default home page and search engine with Searchoko.com. You are allowed to use Google to do the search. But Searchoko.com provides you with lots of irrelevant sponsored links in your search results. You should be aware that this is a scheme which helps Searchoko.com to gather net traffic for its designers.
Meanwhile, your search results could be redirected to certain other unknown and dangerous web pages that could possess lots of computer viruses. Under such circumstance, your vulnerable system will be definitely damaged. In addition, Searchoko.com would slow down your PC performance, for it consumes high system resources. Furthermore, you will get many annoying ads during the web browsing activities. If you find it hard to work with your desktop, you should immediately delete Searchoko.com.
Solution 1: Remove Searchoko.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Searchoko.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Searchoko.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Searchoko.com Virus
Searchoko.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Searchoko.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Searchoko.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Searchoko.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Searchoko.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Searchoko.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 22.214.171.124 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 126.96.36.199 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Searchoko.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.