Get Rid of Social-avenue.com from Firefox/IE/Chrome
Is Social-avenue.com a Virus?
Social-avenue.com is another vicious program that has been manifested as a browser hijacker. Although it is not as dangerous ads Trojan viruses or Ransomware, this pest can bring you lots of troubles and may even threaten your personal information. We have to inform you that this browser hijacker always gets distributed via spam email attachments or pop-ups. Thus, when you surf the Internet, you have to pay attention and never download any attachments from strange emails. However, if you have this browser hijacker installed on your machine already, you cannot expect to get rid of it easily.
This browser hijacker will attach to your browser and then replace the homepage without permission. The browser will be redirected to Social-avenue.com whenever you try to open a desirable website. Therefore, you cannot access to the website as you want because of the redirect issue. Sometimes, you have to try many times. Thus, Social-avenue.com really wastes you lots of time and web traffic. Luckily, you come to this article, which gives you step by step guides and automatic way to help you remove Social-avenue.com forever and fix redirect. Please continue to read now.
Solution 1: Remove Social-avenue.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Social-avenue.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Social-avenue.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Social-avenue.com Virus
Social-avenue.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Social-avenue.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Social-avenue.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Social-avenue.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Social-avenue.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Social-avenue.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 18.104.22.168 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 22.214.171.124 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Social-avenue.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.