How to Get Rid of Searchpause.com Virus
Is Searchpause.com a Virus?
Searchpause.com is classified as a browser hijacker that is as harmful as searchqq.com and Searchiksa.com. This redirect virus pretends to enrich computer users’ web browsing experience by providing dictionary, translation and spelling correction. This hijacker can attack your computer when you download a program which is bundled with Searchpause.com. After this redirect virus is successfully installed into your operating system, it will make some changes to your web browser settings and replace your default home page and search engine. Therefore, you will get many sponsored web pages when you do the search on it. You should know that the main purpose of Searchpause.com is to gather profit from promoted ads.
On the other hand, this vicious hijacker adds a plug-in to your browser so as to display deceptive ads, offers, and discounts when you surf the Internet. If you accidentally click any pop-up link, it will lead you to some suspicious web page that contain certain unexpected programs. Under such circumstance, those additional programs may enter your desktop and take up high system resources. Hence, your PC will perform more and more slowly. Thus, to protect your computer from being damaged, you should remove Searchpause.com at once.
Traits of Searchpause.com Browser Hijacker in the System
- Searchpause.com replaces default home page and search engine without asking for any permission
- Searchpause.com slows down the whole infected system performance seriously
- Searchpause.com drops misleading shortcuts on the desktop
- Searchpause.com would redirect new tabs and desired pages to commercial or unknown domains
- Searchpause.com could generate pop-up ads or in-text links to cause great chaos
As you can see, Searchpause.com does no good to your computer and privacy security, it’s wise to remove Searchpause.com browser hijacker timely, quickly and effectively.
Recommended Option: Remove Searchpause.com Browser Hijacker Automatically and Completely
Stubborn adware programs like Searchpause.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Searchpause.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Alternative Option: Manually Remove Searchpause.com Browser Hijacker from Windows and Browsers
Step 1- Remove Searchpause.com related software from Control Panel
Remove Searchpause.com from Windows 10
- Open Start Menu, click on Settings button
- Choose and click on System
- Click on Apps and features
- Click on Searchpause.com related software in the list of programs, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted
Remove Searchpause.com from Window 8 & 8.1
- Open the Charms bar and click Search
- Type Control Panel in the search dialogue
- Open Control Panel, and click Uninstall a Program
- Locate Searchpause.com related software and click Uninstall
Get rid of Searchpause.com from Windows 7
- Click on Start menu, then Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program in the pop-up Control Panel window
- Look for Searchpause.com related software and click Uninstall
Note: To deceive computer users, browser hijacker maker could apply a different name of Searchpause.com related software. Instead of removing a correct name of the malware, you need to uninstall a suspicious or unknown application from the Add/Remove list. Or you’d better check its detailed information like installation time to make sure.
Step 2- Remove Searchpause.com browser add-ons on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Start Internet Explorer, and click on asterisk/ gear icon in the top-right corner
- Select Manage Add-ons option
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, click on Searchpause.com and then click Disable button
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, type about:addons in the address box and press Enter key.
- Choose Searchpause.com extension and click Disable or Remove button to delete Searchpause.com browser add-on
- Launch Google Chrome browser, and click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner
- Select More tools, and click Extensions
- Click the trash bin icon on the end of Searchpause.com add-on
Step 3- Repair system DNS settings
1. Click the computer icon in the bottom-right corner, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Click Local Area Connection or Wifi Connection.
3. In the Status popup, click Properties.
4. Under the Networking tab, scroll down and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
5. Check Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically if your computer does not belong to a company or you do not have a custom DNS. Otherwise you need to reset the address which applies to you. Once you are finish, click “OK” and close the windows.
Video of Removing Searchpause.com Pop-ups
Note: These steps should have eliminated Searchpause.com browser hijacker from your computer thoroughly. When you encounter similar redirect malware in the future, just follow the above steps to get rid of them. If you have difficulty in uninstalling the malware from Control Panel or clearing inserted files in system folders or registry editor, it’s recommended to run this professional, powerful and excellent Removal Tool to scan the system and remove Searchpause.com.
Comments are closed.