How to Get Rid of SearchZillions.com from PC
Is SearchZillions.com a Virus?
SearchZillions.com is classified as a dangerous browser hijacker which often interferes with the computer users’ online activities. Relying on its “harmless” appearance, it pretends to be a legitimate search engine. Contrary to expectation, it is indeed a browser hijacker that can be used to generate network traffic.
SearchZillions.com has the ability to penetrate into the target computer when you visit a suspicious web site that contains this threat or download and install an unknown free program. When the installation of SearchZillions.com is completed in the infected computer, it automatically pops up every time you open the web browser beyond expectation. SearchZillions.com is also able to redirect your search results randomly to some places showing commercial advertisements or pornographic contents which may contain a number of additional threats including Trojans, keystroke loggers and spyware.
To put an end to those annoying symptoms, we need to remove SearchZillions.com. Additional toolbars, plug-ins or extensions are installed to the computer if you delay removing this browser hijacker. Ads keep appearing on the computer screen, however, once you click on them, you may encounter other rogue software. If you do not want your computer system to be messed up, you had better get rid of SearchZillions.com.
SearchZillions.com Virus Screenshot:
Solution 1: Remove SearchZillions.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like SearchZillions.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of SearchZillions.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove SearchZillions.com Virus
SearchZillions.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and SearchZillions.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop SearchZillions.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove SearchZillions.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove SearchZillions.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of SearchZillions.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove SearchZillions.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.