How to Get Rid of Trovigo.com Virus
Is Trovigo.com a Virus?
Same as Search.dailysocialbuzz.com, Trovigo.com is classified as a browser hijacker which would bring chaos to the affected computer. Normally, this annoying hijacker gets into your operating system when you install a certain program that is packaged with its installer. Once Trovigo.com is successfully installed into your PC, it will compromise your web browsers by making some changes to your system DNS settings and web browser settings.
After then, Trovigo.com is able to replace your default home page and search provider. So when you do a search and click any of the search results, you will be led to Trovigo.com or any other similar web page. The main purpose of Trovigo.com is to collect net traffic and turn it into money for its designers. In addition, this irritating hijacker displays all kinds of advertisements on your screen when you browse the web. Those ads contain promoted products which induce you to pay for them. All in all, with Trovigo.com inside, it would be hard for you to work with your desktop. Even, your life could be messed up. Hence, to get rid of constant redirections as well as this useless web site, you can take the following removal guide of Trovigo.com.
Solution 1: Remove Trovigo.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Trovigo.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Trovigo.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Trovigo.com Virus
Trovigo.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Trovigo.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Trovigo.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Trovigo.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Trovigo.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Trovigo.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Trovigo.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.