How to Get Rid of Web-start.org Virus
Is Web-start.org a Virus?
Web-start.org which is a news site is regarded as a browser hijacker which would mess up your operating system. This web site is closely related to Yourconnectivity.net. Usually, this unwanted program gets into your computer when you download it from Web-start.org or install a certain program that contains its toolbar. Once this malicious web site is successfully installed into your workstation, it will modify your browser settings without asking for your permission and approval. Besides, Web-start.org is compatible with all your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. After then, Web-start.org takes the place of your favorite home page and search engine. There are lots of shortcuts or icons on the interface of Web-start.org. You may think it useful and convenient.
However, this vicious page keeps redirecting all your visits including your search results to its own domain or some other similar sites. You should be aware that the main purpose of Web-start.org is to catch your eyes on its news and gather net traffic. On the other hand, your desktop could be slowed down by Web-start.org for it takes up a great amount of system resources when running in the background. So with such an unexpected redirect virus inside your PC, you won’t work as normal. You should remove Web-start.org from your desktop to stop constant redirections and speed up your PC.
Traits of Web-start.org Browser Hijacker in the System
- Web-start.org replaces default home page and search engine without asking for any permission
- Web-start.org slows down the whole infected system performance seriously
- Web-start.org drops misleading shortcuts on the desktop
- Web-start.org would redirect new tabs and desired pages to commercial or unknown domains
- Web-start.org could generate pop-up ads or in-text links to cause great chaos
As you can see, Web-start.org does no good to your computer and privacy security, it’s wise to remove Web-start.org browser hijacker timely, quickly and effectively.
Recommended Option: Remove Web-start.org Browser Hijacker Automatically and Completely
Stubborn adware programs like Web-start.org can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Web-start.org as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Alternative Option: Manually Remove Web-start.org Browser Hijacker from Windows and Browsers
Step 1- Remove Web-start.org related software from Control Panel
Remove Web-start.org from Windows 10
- Open Start Menu, click on Settings button
- Choose and click on System
- Click on Apps and features
- Click on Web-start.org related software in the list of programs, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted
Remove Web-start.org from Window 8 & 8.1
- Open the Charms bar and click Search
- Type Control Panel in the search dialogue
- Open Control Panel, and click Uninstall a Program
- Locate Web-start.org related software and click Uninstall
Get rid of Web-start.org from Windows 7
- Click on Start menu, then Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program in the pop-up Control Panel window
- Look for Web-start.org related software and click Uninstall
Note: To deceive computer users, browser hijacker maker could apply a different name of Web-start.org related software. Instead of removing a correct name of the malware, you need to uninstall a suspicious or unknown application from the Add/Remove list. Or you’d better check its detailed information like installation time to make sure.
Step 2- Remove Web-start.org browser add-ons on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Start Internet Explorer, and click on asterisk/ gear icon in the top-right corner
- Select Manage Add-ons option
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, click on Web-start.org and then click Disable button
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, type about:addons in the address box and press Enter key.
- Choose Web-start.org extension and click Disable or Remove button to delete Web-start.org browser add-on
- Launch Google Chrome browser, and click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner
- Select More tools, and click Extensions
- Click the trash bin icon on the end of Web-start.org add-on
Step 3- Repair system DNS settings
1. Click the computer icon in the bottom-right corner, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Click Local Area Connection or Wifi Connection.
3. In the Status popup, click Properties.
4. Under the Networking tab, scroll down and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
5. Check Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically if your computer does not belong to a company or you do not have a custom DNS. Otherwise you need to reset the address which applies to you. Once you are finish, click “OK” and close the windows.
Video of Removing Web-start.org Pop-ups
Note: These steps should have eliminated Web-start.org browser hijacker from your computer thoroughly. When you encounter similar redirect malware in the future, just follow the above steps to get rid of them. If you have difficulty in uninstalling the malware from Control Panel or clearing inserted files in system folders or registry editor, it’s recommended to run this professional, powerful and excellent Removal Tool to scan the system and remove Web-start.org.
Comments are closed.