How to Get Rid of Webstarts.biz Virus
Is Webstarts.biz a Virus?
Webstarts.biz is classified as a browser hijacker that belongs to the same malware family as Yourconnectivity.net virus. Like other browser hijackers, it also spreads via attaching its installer to free software. Once any of those free software is installed into your machine successfully, it will cause lots of redirections to Webstarts.biz. Your browser settings are changed. Then Webstarts.biz becomes your default home page as well as the search engine. As a result, you are forced to use this annoying web page to do the search and surf the Internet. You should be aware the main purpose of Webstarts.biz is to gather web traffic and turn it into money for its designers.
On the other hand, Webstarts.biz intrudes in your machine along with some vicious adware like AstrologyBuzz. They may trace your online activities and habits. Hence, when you browse the web, lots of various ads that could catch your eyes will pop up on your screen. Deceptive invasion method, constant redirections and various ads are served for the commercial purpose of Webstarts.biz. If you do not want Webstarts.biz in your desktop any more, it is highly advised that you take the following detailed removal guides to delete it.
Solution 1: Remove Webstarts.biz Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Webstarts.biz can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Webstarts.biz as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Webstarts.biz Virus
Webstarts.biz could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Webstarts.biz from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Webstarts.biz virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Webstarts.biz and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Webstarts.biz and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Webstarts.biz will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 184.108.40.206 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 220.127.116.11 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Webstarts.biz Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.