How to Remove Discoveranswer.com Virus
Is Discoveranswer.com a Virus?
Like Need2Find.net, Discoveranswer.com is regarded as a malicious browser hijacker which pretends to allow users to get better search results but only bring chaos to the infected computer. Normally, this annoying malware gets into your PC when you download a certain free program from the Internet. That is, Discoveranswer.com is bundled with some freeware. When you do not pay enough attention to the installation process of the wanted application, unwanted adware will be also installed into your computer. Once Discoveranswer.com intrudes in your desktop successfully, it will first take actions to attack your web browsers including IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome. Discoveranswer.com malware modifies your browser settings so as to replace your default home page and search engine with Discoveranswer.com. As a result, every time you start the browser, it turns out to be Discoveranswer.com.com.
Besides, Discoveranswer.com would redirect your search results to some other irrelevant and suspicious web pages. Usually, those unknown web pages all contain numerous computer viruses or malware. In such case, you should not click any of them. Or your computer may be further damaged while your privacy could be violated. Furthermore, Discoveranswer.com installs other plug-ins to your browser. That is why you receive lots of ads when you surf the Internet. Meanwhile, it installs other unwanted programs and forces you to use this unwanted program to download what you want. All in all, it is highly advised that you remove Discoveranswer.com once you find its existence on your machine.
Solution 1: Remove Discoveranswer.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Discoveranswer.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Discoveranswer.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Discoveranswer.com Virus
Discoveranswer.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Discoveranswer.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Discoveranswer.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Discoveranswer.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Discoveranswer.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Discoveranswer.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Discoveranswer.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.