How to Remove/ Get Rid of Playbar.biz Virus
Is Playbar.biz a Virus?
Like Mylucky123.com virus and Startgo123.com virus, Playbar.biz is regarded as a browser hijacker which would bring some inconvenience to the compromised computer. This hijacker always gets into your computer along with some free programs that you download from the net. Besides, you can download the very unwanted stuff with other free programs. However, many users found that Playbar.biz was installed into their systems without any approval and permission. They are forced to use Playbar.biz as their default home page and search engine unwillingly. This is what Playbar.biz will do after it infiltrates your system. It attacks your web browsers including IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome by making some changes to your browser settings.
Apart from redirecting your home page, Playbar.biz reroutes your visits including your new site or tab to Playbar.biz. In addition, this annoying hijacker adds a vicious plug-in to the browser so as to display numbers of advertisements during your web browsing activities. Under such circumstance, constant redirections and ads would mess up your life and block your normal work with the desktop. Therefore, we provide a detailed manual removal guide below to help you get rid of Playbar.biz and redirections. If you feel irritated by Playbar.biz, please follow it.
Solution 1: Remove Playbar.biz Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Playbar.biz can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Playbar.biz as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Playbar.biz Virus
Playbar.biz could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Playbar.biz from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Playbar.biz virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Playbar.biz and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Playbar.biz and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Playbar.biz will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 184.108.40.206 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 220.127.116.11 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Playbar.biz Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.