How to Remove Istartsurf.com Virus
Is Istartsurf.com a Virus?
Istartsurf.com is thought of as an unwanted browser hijacker which is as harmful as FullSearching.com and Searchiksa.com. When you install something without much caution, those additional adware programs will be installed into your computer. Then those adware makes some changes to your browser settings. As a result, Istartsurf.com will appear on your web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and replace your default home page as well as the search engine. Then you are forced to use Istartsurf.com to surf the Internet. Though this annoying web site allows you to use Google to do the search and provides you with legal search results, it may redirect your search results to its own domain or other unknown web pages.
On the other hand, many users report that Istartsurf.com adds little real value to their web browsing experience. Besides, your PC performance may be slowed down by Istartsurf.com. Hence, to stop such annoying constant redirections and prevent your PC from being messed up, you’d better delete Istartsurf.com virus as soon as possible. By the way, you should opt out any unknown or unwanted extension when you install any program.
Traits of Istartsurf.com Browser Hijacker in the System
- Istartsurf.com replaces default home page and search engine without asking for any permission
- Istartsurf.com slows down the whole infected system performance seriously
- Istartsurf.com drops misleading shortcuts on the desktop
- Istartsurf.com would redirect new tabs and desired pages to commercial or unknown domains
- Istartsurf.com could generate pop-up ads or in-text links to cause great chaos
As you can see, Istartsurf.com does no good to your computer and privacy security, it’s wise to remove Istartsurf.com browser hijacker timely, quickly and effectively.
Recommended Option: Remove Istartsurf.com Browser Hijacker Automatically and Completely
Stubborn adware programs like Istartsurf.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Istartsurf.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Alternative Option: Manually Remove Istartsurf.com Browser Hijacker from Windows and Browsers
Step 1- Remove Istartsurf.com related software from Control Panel
Remove Istartsurf.com from Windows 10
- Open Start Menu, click on Settings button
- Choose and click on System
- Click on Apps and features
- Click on Istartsurf.com related software in the list of programs, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted
Remove Istartsurf.com from Window 8 & 8.1
- Open the Charms bar and click Search
- Type Control Panel in the search dialogue
- Open Control Panel, and click Uninstall a Program
- Locate Istartsurf.com related software and click Uninstall
Get rid of Istartsurf.com from Windows 7
- Click on Start menu, then Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program in the pop-up Control Panel window
- Look for Istartsurf.com related software and click Uninstall
Note: To deceive computer users, browser hijacker maker could apply a different name of Istartsurf.com related software. Instead of removing a correct name of the malware, you need to uninstall a suspicious or unknown application from the Add/Remove list. Or you’d better check its detailed information like installation time to make sure.
Step 2- Remove Istartsurf.com browser add-ons on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Start Internet Explorer, and click on asterisk/ gear icon in the top-right corner
- Select Manage Add-ons option
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, click on Istartsurf.com and then click Disable button
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, type about:addons in the address box and press Enter key.
- Choose Istartsurf.com extension and click Disable or Remove button to delete Istartsurf.com browser add-on
- Launch Google Chrome browser, and click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner
- Select More tools, and click Extensions
- Click the trash bin icon on the end of Istartsurf.com add-on
Step 3- Repair system DNS settings
1. Click the computer icon in the bottom-right corner, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Click Local Area Connection or Wifi Connection.
3. In the Status popup, click Properties.
4. Under the Networking tab, scroll down and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
5. Check Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically if your computer does not belong to a company or you do not have a custom DNS. Otherwise you need to reset the address which applies to you. Once you are finish, click “OK” and close the windows.
Video of Removing Istartsurf.com Pop-ups
Note: These steps should have eliminated Istartsurf.com browser hijacker from your computer thoroughly. When you encounter similar redirect malware in the future, just follow the above steps to get rid of them. If you have difficulty in uninstalling the malware from Control Panel or clearing inserted files in system folders or registry editor, it’s recommended to run this professional, powerful and excellent Removal Tool to scan the system and remove Istartsurf.com.