How to Remove Need2Find.net Virus
Is Need2Find.net a Virus?
Need2Find.net is categorized as a browser hijacker just like mylucky123.com. This unwanted web site appears on your web browser after you install a certain free program which contains a browser extension. Nowadays many web sites allow the third party extensions to be bundled with their programs. Thus, they can earn money while people can download wanted applications for free. However, once Need2Find.net hijacker gets into your Windows, it will modify your browser settings and replace your favorite home page as well as the default search engine. Though this virus allows you to use Google to do the search, your search results would be redirected to some sponsored web sites. This is one way which the designers of Need2Find.net use to gain profit.
In addition, this vicious redirect may display constant ads on your desktop when you browse the web. If you click any pop-up link, you will be led to the installation of some unwanted programs. Furthermore, Need2Find.net hijacker would keep track of your keyboard activities and online habits to collect your sensitive information. Then your privacy may be put at risk for it could be sold to the third party web criminals. On the other hand, your computer would perform much slowly for Need2Find.net takes up high system resources when running. For all of the above, it is strongly advised to remove this unexpected and malicious browser hijacker from your PC.
Traits of Need2Find.net Browser Hijacker in the System
- Need2Find.net replaces default home page and search engine without asking for any permission
- Need2Find.net slows down the whole infected system performance seriously
- Need2Find.net drops misleading shortcuts on the desktop
- Need2Find.net would redirect new tabs and desired pages to commercial or unknown domains
- Need2Find.net could generate pop-up ads or in-text links to cause great chaos
As you can see, Need2Find.net does no good to your computer and privacy security, it’s wise to remove Need2Find.net browser hijacker timely, quickly and effectively.
Recommended Option: Remove Need2Find.net Browser Hijacker Automatically and Completely
Stubborn adware programs like Need2Find.net can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Need2Find.net as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Alternative Option: Manually Remove Need2Find.net Browser Hijacker from Windows and Browsers
Step 1- Remove Need2Find.net related software from Control Panel
Remove Need2Find.net from Windows 10
- Open Start Menu, click on Settings button
- Choose and click on System
- Click on Apps and features
- Click on Need2Find.net related software in the list of programs, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted
Remove Need2Find.net from Window 8 & 8.1
- Open the Charms bar and click Search
- Type Control Panel in the search dialogue
- Open Control Panel, and click Uninstall a Program
- Locate Need2Find.net related software and click Uninstall
Get rid of Need2Find.net from Windows 7
- Click on Start menu, then Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program in the pop-up Control Panel window
- Look for Need2Find.net related software and click Uninstall
Note: To deceive computer users, browser hijacker maker could apply a different name of Need2Find.net related software. Instead of removing a correct name of the malware, you need to uninstall a suspicious or unknown application from the Add/Remove list. Or you’d better check its detailed information like installation time to make sure.
Step 2- Remove Need2Find.net browser add-ons on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Start Internet Explorer, and click on asterisk/ gear icon in the top-right corner
- Select Manage Add-ons option
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, click on Need2Find.net and then click Disable button
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, type about:addons in the address box and press Enter key.
- Choose Need2Find.net extension and click Disable or Remove button to delete Need2Find.net browser add-on
- Launch Google Chrome browser, and click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner
- Select More tools, and click Extensions
- Click the trash bin icon on the end of Need2Find.net add-on
Step 3- Repair system DNS settings
1. Click the computer icon in the bottom-right corner, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Click Local Area Connection or Wifi Connection.
3. In the Status popup, click Properties.
4. Under the Networking tab, scroll down and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
5. Check Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically if your computer does not belong to a company or you do not have a custom DNS. Otherwise you need to reset the address which applies to you. Once you are finish, click “OK” and close the windows.
Video of Removing Need2Find.net Pop-ups
Note: These steps should have eliminated Need2Find.net browser hijacker from your computer thoroughly. When you encounter similar redirect malware in the future, just follow the above steps to get rid of them. If you have difficulty in uninstalling the malware from Control Panel or clearing inserted files in system folders or registry editor, it’s recommended to run this professional, powerful and excellent Removal Tool to scan the system and remove Need2Find.net.
Comments are closed.