How to Remove Onclickmax.com Pop-up Ads
Is Onclickmax.com a Virus?
Onclickmax.com is known as a notorious browser hijacker which can be distributed via all sorts of free programs and installed onto your computer without your knowledge. When this Onclickmax.com is activated on your computer, some important settings of your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be secretly changed so that this Onclickmax.com can take over your Internet browsers to perform destructive activities. Firstly, you will find that your current homepage has been forcibly set to Onclickmax.com without your consent. And then a range of annoying commercial ads will show up continuously on your desktop with the aim of tricking you into paying for their promoted products and services. Moreover, when you intend to gather some useful information with the search engine, this Onclickmax.com will continue to redirect you to lots of unknown websites which contain numerous product ads and sponsored links.
Like Onclickads.net and Srv123.com, this Onclickmax.com has the ability to hijack your search results to a variety of suspicious websites that promote fake software, bogus weight-loss products and other deceptive goods. When you download these unsafe programs into your computer, this Onclickmax.com will be automatically saved onto your computer at the same time. So it is important for you to be careful when you perform downloads online, and this Onclickmax.com must be removed from your system at once.
Solution 1: Remove Onclickmax.com Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Onclickmax.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Onclickmax.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Onclickmax.com Pop-up Virus
Onclickmax.com pop-up could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Onclickmax.com pop-up from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Onclickmax.com pop-up virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Onclickmax.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Onclickmax.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Onclickmax.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 220.127.116.11 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 18.104.22.168 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Onclickmax.com Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.