How to Remove QuizGames Ads Efficiently
I keep getting a lot of QuizGames pop-ups. I know them must be malicious things which can damage my system, so I run my antivirus to scan and remove it, but found nothing. Is there any solution to remove QuizGames pop-up ads?
Description of QuizGames
QuizGames is an annoying adware which is the culprit of disrupting your browsing experience. It should be held responsible for those inconveniences occurring when you are surfing the Internet. QuizGames is mainly spread by freeware and shareware. It is not recommended to keep it in your computer, because it has the ability to cause annoying ads (coupons, discounts, best sales and so on) on the computer no matter what you are doing. Although the headlines in those ad windows may seem to be attractive, you should avoid clicking on them.
Why are the ad windows from QuizGames dangerous? In fact, they themselves are not dangerous, but they have hyperlinks associated with suspicious third-party web sites, including unpopular shopping sites or certain special service sites. QuizGames may even trick you into accessing unsafe web sites with viruses or malware. In addition, this adware is able to track your surfing habits and preferences. Although it does not collect private information from you, your search history, web access logs, data entry and email address may be collected, analyzed and used for affiliate marketing. Therefore, do not hesitate to get rid of QuizGames adware immediately once you find it in your computer system.
QuizGames Ads Screenshot:
Solution 1: Remove QuizGames Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like QuizGames can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of QuizGames as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove QuizGames & Pop-up Ads
Usually, adware programs could be a browser add-on so as to cheat users and enter web browsers. To completely get rid of this adware and stop ads, what we should do is to check out browser extensions and remove the programs that we don’t know.
1. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner, click More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Click the trash can icon related to QuizGames you’d like to completely remove.
3. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
4. Enable pop-up blocker in Chrome. Open Chrome menu again and select Settings.
5. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
6. Click Content settings button under the Privacy section.
7. Scroll down to the Pop-ups section. Make sure that the Do not allow any site to show pop-ups option is selected and then click Done.
1. Click on the Firefox button on the menu bar, click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions panel.
3. Select the add-ons related to QuizGames and click Remove button.
4. Click the Firefox button again and select Options.
5. In the Content tab and check Block pop-up windows box.
1. Click Tools on the IE toolbar and click Manage Add-ons.
2. In Toolbars and Extensions tab, select the extensions associated with QuizGames and then click Disable button.
3. Click Tools and select Internet options.
4. Move to Privacy tab, check Turn on Pop-up Blocker box.
To make sure this QuizGames virus won’t come back again, it is suggested that you delete its related files and registry keys from Windows system.
1. Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives. Check the check-box of Show all hidden files, folders and drives. And then click OK.
5. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
6. Type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
7. Navigate to the files related to QuizGames and remove them.
Video of How to Remove Ads by QuizGames Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process of QuizGames. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to remove QuizGames.
Comments are closed.