How to Remove Searchiincognito.com Step by Step
Is Searchiincognito.com a Virus?
Searchiincognito.com is classified as a malicious redirect virus or browser hijacker. This hijacker always infects the target computer stealthily. This malicious web site masks as a legal search engine like IE, Firefox, or Google. However, this fake search engine is an infection and will definitely cause much damage to the infected machine. All your web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, as well as Google Chrome would be included in the targets of the annoying hijacker. Once Searchiincognito.com gets inside your operating system, it can change your default browser settings and reroute your visits to certain unknown and dangerous web pages. All those malicious sites contain lots of promoted products.
Besides, this redirect virus shows lots of attracted products with competitive prices on its interface. But you should be aware that one of the purposes of this hijacker is to gather money for web criminals in the way of presenting various ads. On the other hand, this vicious hijacker is created to take up high system resources. As a result, your computer performance becomes much slower than before. That is, this hijacker decelerates your start-up, net connection, and online games, etc. As described above, Searchiincognito.com is a risky computer virus. Therefore, it is highly advised to delete this virus in a manual way. You can take the following steps to completely clean up this virus.
Solution 1: Remove Searchiincognito.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Searchiincognito.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Searchiincognito.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Searchiincognito.com Virus
Searchiincognito.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Searchiincognito.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Searchiincognito.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Searchiincognito.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Searchiincognito.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Searchiincognito.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 220.127.116.11 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 18.104.22.168 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Searchiincognito.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.