How to Remove Searchisweb.com Virus
Is Searchisweb.com a Virus?
Same as Mylucky123.com, Searchisweb.com is classified as a browser hijacker which attacks your web browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once Searchisweb.com hijacker intrudes into your Windows system successfully, it will make some changes to your browser settings. As a result, Searchisweb.com replaces your default home page; while search-results.com takes the place of your original search engine. Besides, unwanted browser extensions will also be installed into your browser. When you do the search with this fake search provider, you will not get informative and useful search results as what you want, for Searchisweb.com may redirect your search results to some unknown web pages or its own domain. The main purpose of this browser hijacker is to mislead you into paying for the promoted products on its site or gathering web traffic and turn it into money for its designers.
On the other hand, those redirected web sites may contain suspicious computer threats like adware, malware, and spyware. That is, Searchisweb.com might provide chances for other computer viruses to attack your PC. Thus, it is highly advised to remove Searchisweb.com to protect your workstation from constant redirections and potential damage. If you encounter Searchisweb.com redirect, you can take the following removal steps.
Solution 1: Remove Searchisweb.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Searchisweb.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Searchisweb.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Searchisweb.com Virus
Searchisweb.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Searchisweb.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Searchisweb.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Searchisweb.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Searchisweb.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Searchisweb.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 220.127.116.11 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 18.104.22.168 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Searchisweb.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.