How to Remove Seekit.com Virus
Is Seekit.com a Virus?
Like Mylucky123.com virus, Seekit.com is classified as a dangerous browser hijacker which will do much harm to the affected computer. This unexpected hijacker pretends to be a search engine like Google Search. However, Seekit.com gets into your operating system without your permission. It is usually spread in the way of free programs which you can get from the net. Once Seekit.com virus is successfully installed in your Windows, it will first inject its malicious files or processes. As a result, it will become much difficult for you to completely delete it from the computer control panel. In addition, Seekit.com changes your browser settings.
After then, it is capable of replacing your default home page as well as your favorite search provider to Seekit.com. You may expect this search provider to offer informative search results. But you get lots of ads when you do the search with it. Those ads will induce you to click them and lead you to certain unknown and suspicious web pages that could possess numerous computer threats. In addition, Seekit.com virus will display many annoying ads on your desktop when you browse the web. Furthermore, your online actions and habits may be traced while your personal information might be collected and sent away. Apart from the above changes, you will find your computer perform much more slowly than before. For all of the above, you should remove this foxy, stubborn and dangerous redirect virus immediately. You can take the following steps.
Traits of Seekit.com Browser Hijacker in the System
- Seekit.com replaces default home page and search engine without asking for any permission
- Seekit.com slows down the whole infected system performance seriously
- Seekit.com drops misleading shortcuts on the desktop
- Seekit.com would redirect new tabs and desired pages to commercial or unknown domains
- Seekit.com could generate pop-up ads or in-text links to cause great chaos
As you can see, Seekit.com does no good to your computer and privacy security, it’s wise to remove Seekit.com browser hijacker timely, quickly and effectively.
Recommended Option: Remove Seekit.com Browser Hijacker Automatically and Completely
Stubborn adware programs like Seekit.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Seekit.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Alternative Option: Manually Remove Seekit.com Browser Hijacker from Windows and Browsers
Step 1- Remove Seekit.com related software from Control Panel
Remove Seekit.com from Windows 10
- Open Start Menu, click on Settings button
- Choose and click on System
- Click on Apps and features
- Click on Seekit.com related software in the list of programs, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted
Remove Seekit.com from Window 8 & 8.1
- Open the Charms bar and click Search
- Type Control Panel in the search dialogue
- Open Control Panel, and click Uninstall a Program
- Locate Seekit.com related software and click Uninstall
Get rid of Seekit.com from Windows 7
- Click on Start menu, then Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program in the pop-up Control Panel window
- Look for Seekit.com related software and click Uninstall
Note: To deceive computer users, browser hijacker maker could apply a different name of Seekit.com related software. Instead of removing a correct name of the malware, you need to uninstall a suspicious or unknown application from the Add/Remove list. Or you’d better check its detailed information like installation time to make sure.
Step 2- Remove Seekit.com browser add-ons on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Start Internet Explorer, and click on asterisk/ gear icon in the top-right corner
- Select Manage Add-ons option
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, click on Seekit.com and then click Disable button
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, type about:addons in the address box and press Enter key.
- Choose Seekit.com extension and click Disable or Remove button to delete Seekit.com browser add-on
- Launch Google Chrome browser, and click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner
- Select More tools, and click Extensions
- Click the trash bin icon on the end of Seekit.com add-on
Step 3- Repair system DNS settings
1. Click the computer icon in the bottom-right corner, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Click Local Area Connection or Wifi Connection.
3. In the Status popup, click Properties.
4. Under the Networking tab, scroll down and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
5. Check Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically if your computer does not belong to a company or you do not have a custom DNS. Otherwise you need to reset the address which applies to you. Once you are finish, click “OK” and close the windows.
Video of Removing Seekit.com Pop-ups
Note: These steps should have eliminated Seekit.com browser hijacker from your computer thoroughly. When you encounter similar redirect malware in the future, just follow the above steps to get rid of them. If you have difficulty in uninstalling the malware from Control Panel or clearing inserted files in system folders or registry editor, it’s recommended to run this professional, powerful and excellent Removal Tool to scan the system and remove Seekit.com.
Comments are closed.