How to Remove Start.alawar.com from Homepage
Is Start.alawar.com a Virus?
Start.alawar.com is a browser hijacker. We must warn you that it has been widely spread on the Internet because of its ability to hijack various web browsers such as IE, Chrome and Firefox. Some of the main reasons why Start.alawar.com is criticized include that it gets into the target computer furtively and brings a series of annoying problems.
Start.alawar.com changes the browser’s home page and default search engine; it tampers with your search results; it sends continuous pop-up ads to you; it can track your surfing habits and so on. As those various symptoms you can see in the infected computer shown, Start.alawar.com is a seriously suspicious browser hijacker. If you do not want your information to be disclosed including your browsing history, you should never allow such an infection to stay on your computer, because it has the ability to collect valuable data, such as your search items, visited sites and the data you input on visited sites. However, the biggest problem is that it may redirect you to harmful web sites. It can do so by displaying unsafe links in the modified search results. If you see Start.alawar.com on the web browser, you should remove it as soon as possible!
Screenshot of Start.alawar.com:
Solution 1: Remove Start.alawar.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Start.alawar.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Start.alawar.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Start.alawar.com Virus
Start.alawar.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Start.alawar.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Start.alawar.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Start.alawar.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Start.alawar.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Start.alawar.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 184.108.40.206 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 220.127.116.11 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Start.alawar.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.