Remove/ Get Rid of Search.searchetg.com Virus
Is Search.searchetg.com a Virus?
Search.searchetg.com is classified as a vicious redirect virus or browser hijacker which is as troublesome as Istartsurf.com virus. This unexpected malware usually enters your operating system along with some free programs which are bundled with Search.searchetg.com. Once this malicious virus invades your Windows successfully, it will perform lots of evil activities. Search.searchetg.com first adds a new entry to your system registry so as to execute itself on Windows start-up. Besides, this dangerous redirect virus may change your system settings to escape from the deletion of your antivirus. Meanwhile, Search.searchetg.com virus makes some changes to your browser settings.
After then, it replaces your default home page and search provider to Search.searchetg.com. When you try to do the search as before, Search.searchetg.com will provide you with lots of sponsored search results. If you click any offered link, you will be led to a certain unknown web page that would automatically download other malware or unwanted programs. Under such circumstance, your system as well as your life would be messed up. In addition, Search.searchetg.com could trace your online activities and gather your sensitive information. Hence, your privacy will be put at risk. Furthermore, Search.searchetg.com would decrease the speed of your desktop. All in all, Search.searchetg.com is not a good thing for both your PC and your privacy. You can follow the professional steps to get rid of it.
Solution 1: Remove Search.searchetg.com Virus Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Search.searchetg.com can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Search.searchetg.com as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Search.searchetg.com Virus
Search.searchetg.com could be installed onto your computer by unknown malware or malicious browser add-ons. Now the following tips will help you get rid of potential malware and Search.searchetg.com from your PC.
1. Click Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Right click suspicious programs and click Uninstall.
To stop Search.searchetg.com virus from interrupting your activities, you will need to modify all browser settings.
1. Click Tools on IE toolbar and click Internet Options.
2. In General tab, remove Search.searchetg.com and then under Home Page and then enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. After that, click OK.
3. Click Apply and then OK button.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner and clicks Settings.
2. Under Appearance, check the checkbox of Show Home button and then click Change
3. Remove Search.searchetg.com and add a link that you want to set as a homepage.
4. Click OK button to close the dialog.
1. Click Firefox button and select Options.
2. In General, click Restore to Default button under Home Page.
3. Click OK button to close the Options window.
Sometimes, the arrival of Search.searchetg.com will cause redirection. When this happens on your browser, you can fix it by resetting the system hosts file back to default.
1. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
2. Copy the following file path in the address bar and click OK:
3. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
4. At last, restart your computer.
Video of How to Remove Search.searchetg.com Virus
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to do the job.
Comments are closed.