Remove Okean-1955 Ransomware Completely
Okean-1955 is another malicious program that has been manifested as a ransomware. This virus is not similar to adware or browser hijacker. It is much more dangerous and troublesome. When you come across this ransomware, you will know that. Okean-1955 not only infects users’ computer via spam emails, but also via many other tricky ways such as bundling. After your computer is compromised by Okean-1955 ransomware, it can encrypt your system files by using a special encryption algorithm.
After that, it asks you to buy a decrypted code. It also threatens you that if you don’t buy the code, it will damage all important files in 24 hours. Be careful with that warning! It is a trap! When you receive this warning, you need to ignore it and try hard to remove Okean-1955 rather than paying that money to get the so-called decrypted code. That’s because if you get the code, your system files and personal files will still remain encrypted. Therefore, the best choose is to remove Okean-1955 completely from your PC so that you can rescue your files successfully.
How to remove Okean-1955 Ransomware and decrypt the encrypted files
1. Restore your computer to previous state
Step 1: Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Different Operating Systems have different ways to bring up the Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
On XP, Vista and Windows 7
1. To enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you should press F8 on your keyboard continually while you are starting your system.
2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt by using the arrow keys and hit Enter.
On Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
1. When you are at login screen, click the Power button.
2. Hit Shift and hold it and click Restart button at the same time.
3. Select Troubleshoot.
4. Then choose Advanced options.
5. Click Startup Settings.
6. Click Restart.
7. When the system is rebooting, choose Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F6.
Step 2: After entering Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you can restore the system now.
1. Type cd restore and hit Enter.
2. Then, type rstrui.exe, and also hit Enter.
3. Click on Next when you see the window appears.
4. Choose the Restore Point which was infected with Okean-1955 Ransomware and click on Next to begin restoring the system.
5. Click on Finish to continue.
6. When you click on Finish button, you will be asked to confirm again. Click Yes if you want to do it.
2. Remove Okean-1955 Ransomware from the PC thoroughly
When the restore system is done, you are be advised to do a system scan with this malware detect tool to make sure the ransomware virus is removed completely.
3. Decrypt files encrypted by Okean-1955 ransomware via Shadow Volume Copies
If you use Windows XP service Pack 2, Vista, 7 & 8, you can use the following ways: Shadow Explorer or native Windows Previous Versions to restore the files through Shadow Volume Copies
1. Run Shadow Explorer.
2. Select the drive and folder which you want to restore from the left top corner.
3. Right click the folder as you want to restore and choose Export.
4. Then select the export files location to store them.
Native Windows Previous Versions
Please right click one of the file which has been encrypted and choose Properties, and then navigate to Previous Versions tab. After that, all copies of this selected file and when it was saved in a Shadow Volume Copy will be displayed for you. Select the retrieved file which you want and click Copy, or click Restore. To read more content of this file, you can click on Open.
Comments are closed.