Remove R980 Ransomware Fully from Your PC
R980 is a ransomware, which is delivered to cheat users of money. Many users are scared of this kind of virus and have no ideas about how to prevent that. In fact, R980 ransomware always comes with some free programs, which can be downloaded from the Internet for free. Many users may choose default installation mode so as to save time. However, this way can easily let you encounter R980 or other dangerous malware. As long as R980 catches this time to penetrate onto your PC, it quickly changes your browser configurations and encrypts your personal files such as image, documents, and some videos.
After that, R980 asks you to pay a ransom to decrypt the files. Once you are fooled by it and pay the ransom, R980 can record your keyboard and capture your passwords. At this time, it can steal all of your money. The worse situation is that the files are still encrypted. That is to say, you will not only encounter financial loss, but also still have the computer locked. Hence, at the beginning, you should not pay the ransom. The wise action is to get rid of R980 ransomware from the PC completely!
How to remove R980 Ransomware and decrypt the encrypted files
1. Restore your computer to previous state
Step 1: Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Different Operating Systems have different ways to bring up the Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
On XP, Vista and Windows 7
1. To enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you should press F8 on your keyboard continually while you are starting your system.
2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt by using the arrow keys and hit Enter.
On Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
1. When you are at login screen, click the Power button.
2. Hit Shift and hold it and click Restart button at the same time.
3. Select Troubleshoot.
4. Then choose Advanced options.
5. Click Startup Settings.
6. Click Restart.
7. When the system is rebooting, choose Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F6.
Step 2: After entering Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you can restore the system now.
1. Type cd restore and hit Enter.
2. Then, type rstrui.exe, and also hit Enter.
3. Click on Next when you see the window appears.
4. Choose the Restore Point which was infected with R980 Ransomware and click on Next to begin restoring the system.
5. Click on Finish to continue.
6. When you click on Finish button, you will be asked to confirm again. Click Yes if you want to do it.
2. Remove R980 Ransomware from the PC thoroughly
When the restore system is done, you are be advised to do a system scan with this malware detect tool to make sure the ransomware virus is removed completely.
3. Decrypt files encrypted by R980 ransomware via Shadow Volume Copies
If you use Windows XP service Pack 2, Vista, 7 & 8, you can use the following ways: Shadow Explorer or native Windows Previous Versions to restore the files through Shadow Volume Copies
1. Run Shadow Explorer.
2. Select the drive and folder which you want to restore from the left top corner.
3. Right click the folder as you want to restore and choose Export.
4. Then select the export files location to store them.
Native Windows Previous Versions
Please right click one of the file which has been encrypted and choose Properties, and then navigate to Previous Versions tab. After that, all copies of this selected file and when it was saved in a Shadow Volume Copy will be displayed for you. Select the retrieved file which you want and click Copy, or click Restore. To read more content of this file, you can click on Open.
Comments are closed.