Steps to Get Rid of Alexa Toolbar from Chrome
Is your PC infected with Alexa Toolbar and you get many annoying pop-up ads from it? You feel hopeless when facing this thing because your trusted antivirus cannot fix it? Don’t worry! Please sit down and read the guide on this web page, you will fix the issue easily.
Information about Alexa Toolbar
Alexa Toolbar is an adware which usually pretends to be a very useful tool. Its developers claim that this program is able to optimize the computer system or improve the browsing experience when the computer users are on the Internet. It is regrettable that that is not true, so we really do not recommend you have Alexa Toolbar installed on your computer. No matter how useful it seems to be, it only causes inconveniences: you may begin to be interrupted by annoying pop-up ads and suffer from web page redirect problems, slow computer performance or other inconveniences.
You should ignore all those pop-up ads from the adware. No matter how innocent they look, they are very easy to redirect you to unsafe web sites. Furthermore, those ads are the best media used by Alexa Toolbar to trick computer users to install additional malware, so you should ignore messages from the adware saying you should update your Java or other programs. In addition, its ads are very attractive for this adware usually displays relevant ads based on your search history. However, you should know that Alexa Toolbar is also very interested in your other sensitive information. If you do not want to share your information with unknown parties, you should remove Alexa Toolbar from the system.
Alexa Toolbar Screenshot:
Solution 1: Remove Alexa Toolbar Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like Alexa Toolbar can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of Alexa Toolbar as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove Alexa Toolbar & Pop-up Ads
Usually, adware programs could be a browser add-on so as to cheat users and enter web browsers. To completely get rid of this adware and stop ads, what we should do is to check out browser extensions and remove the programs that we don’t know.
1. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner, click More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Click the trash can icon related to Alexa Toolbar you’d like to completely remove.
3. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
4. Enable pop-up blocker in Chrome. Open Chrome menu again and select Settings.
5. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
6. Click Content settings button under the Privacy section.
7. Scroll down to the Pop-ups section. Make sure that the Do not allow any site to show pop-ups option is selected and then click Done.
1. Click on the Firefox button on the menu bar, click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions panel.
3. Select the add-ons related to Alexa Toolbar and click Remove button.
4. Click the Firefox button again and select Options.
5. In the Content tab and check Block pop-up windows box.
1. Click Tools on the IE toolbar and click Manage Add-ons.
2. In Toolbars and Extensions tab, select the extensions associated with Alexa Toolbar and then click Disable button.
3. Click Tools and select Internet options.
4. Move to Privacy tab, check Turn on Pop-up Blocker box.
To make sure this Alexa Toolbar virus won’t come back again, it is suggested that you delete its related files and registry keys from Windows system.
1. Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives. Check the check-box of Show all hidden files, folders and drives. And then click OK.
5. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
6. Type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
7. Navigate to the files related to Alexa Toolbar and remove them.
Video of How to Remove Ads by Alexa Toolbar Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process of Alexa Toolbar. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to remove Alexa Toolbar.
Comments are closed.