Top Way to Remove Ads by ControlThis from Your PC
My PC gets infected with ControlThis a few days ago, and I have tried many ways to remove it. However, my antivirus program cannot help me fix the issue, I don’t know why. I think ControlThis must be a malicious virus. Can you help me get rid of endless ControlThis pop-up ads?
More about ControlThis
ControlThis is an unwanted browser plug-in developed by a company which has many other similar suspicious browser plug-ins. Users who have this application on their computers will suffer from numerous pop-up ads whenever surfing online. Hence, ControlThis can be categorized as a browser adware. It gets installed on the system without permission and cannot be detected successfully by security programs.
To stop ControlThis ads will require more steps than simply resetting browser defaults. When the adware is on your browser, it can also modify the browser default settings for the convenience of other suspicious plug-ins. You may have a different web page pop up as home page and default search engine can be replaced as well. Annoying pop-up ads will be seen everywhere to distract you and prevent you from accessing the wanted content online.
These ads can be shown whenever you launch the infected browsers to go online. If you are not able to get rid of ControlThis successfully in time, you may get redirected online constantly. Besides, more nasty plug-ins can be installed to slow down the general performance of the browser. If you don’t want any of these troubles, remove ControlThis adware now.
Screenshot of ControlThis:
Solution 1: Remove ControlThis Pop-up Ads Automatically & Thoroughly
Stubborn adware programs like ControlThis can disguise its files and hide its existence in the infected system so that computer users with little computer expertise cannot easily get rid of it. Employing high-performance detection algorithm, this powerful Automatic Virus Fix Tool can detect all files and components of ControlThis as well as other adware programs that come together. Therefore, it can save you a lot of time and trouble to fix your problem.
Solution 2: Steps to Manually Remove ControlThis & Pop-up Ads
Usually, adware programs could be a browser add-on so as to cheat users and enter web browsers. To completely get rid of this adware and stop ads, what we should do is to check out browser extensions and remove the programs that we don’t know.
1. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner, click More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Click the trash can icon related to ControlThis you’d like to completely remove.
3. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
4. Enable pop-up blocker in Chrome. Open Chrome menu again and select Settings.
5. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
6. Click Content settings button under the Privacy section.
7. Scroll down to the Pop-ups section. Make sure that the Do not allow any site to show pop-ups option is selected and then click Done.
1. Click on the Firefox button on the menu bar, click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions panel.
3. Select the add-ons related to ControlThis and click Remove button.
4. Click the Firefox button again and select Options.
5. In the Content tab and check Block pop-up windows box.
1. Click Tools on the IE toolbar and click Manage Add-ons.
2. In Toolbars and Extensions tab, select the extensions associated with ControlThis and then click Disable button.
3. Click Tools and select Internet options.
4. Move to Privacy tab, check Turn on Pop-up Blocker box.
To make sure this ControlThis virus won’t come back again, it is suggested that you delete its related files and registry keys from Windows system.
1. Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives. Check the check-box of Show all hidden files, folders and drives. And then click OK.
5. Hit Windows and R keys to open Run box.
6. Type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
7. Navigate to the files related to ControlThis and remove them.
Video of How to Remove Ads by ControlThis Pop-up
Attention: You need to be very careful and patient during the manual removal process of ControlThis. If you do a wrong step, unexpected problems will happen. So, it is suggested that you backup the system before performing manual removal. If you have no more time to deal with adware, pop-ups and other problems, it is suggested that you make use of Automatic Removal Method to remove ControlThis.
Comments are closed.